Change of address
If you are changing address you must report it by using the online service within five days of your move.
You should not notify the municipality of your change of address more than one month before moving.
You must deregister from the national register if you move abroad. If you are moving abroad for less than six months, you can retain your registered address unless you rent out or lend your house or flat. If staying abroad for longer than six months, you must always deregister from the national register.
Moving within Denmark
- You must report your move to the municipality you are moving to.
- You must report your move within two weeks using the online service (opens in a new window).
- You need a NemID to use the online service. Read more about NemID here (opens in a new window).
- Remember to report electricity, water and district heating meter readings when moving.
Rules and fines
If you forget to report or give the wrong information about your move, you will be fined by the municipality.
- If you lack to report your move within two weeks, you will get a fine of DKK 500.
- If you forget to annul a move that has been cancelled, you will get a fine of DKK 600.
- If you deliver wrong information or lack to give mandatory information about your move, you will get a fine of DKK 1200.